KXW provides best-in-class virtual reality training software for wind turbine technicians. KXW’s (Kairos x Wind) mission is to accelerate the adoption of wind energy. How? By building industry-leading interactive 3D training courses and helping wind turbine companies & training providers build the most sophisticated learning programs in the world. This not only accelerates the wind turbine tech training process and employment opportunities, but better prepares them for the field: higher confidence, fewer onsite mistakes, safer work environments.
By building VR and desktop 3D simulations, we use technology to scale apprenticeship-based experiential learning. We will partner with training providers- community colleges, training centers, and wind turbine companies- to deliver this training to their students and employees.
About this Role & You
Join a team of designers who are passionate about creating cutting edge XR experiences, and establishing KairosXW as an industry leader. You will be expected to use your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will own the full experience. This position is contract for hire, with full-time and part-time work available.
At KairosXW, we believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. UX Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. They navigate generative and evaluative research to validate designs, and concisely prototype bold interactions, environments, story lines, and more.
As a UX Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with the whole team to constantly refine the Google design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
• Research, design, prototype, and implement features for incremental changes as well as future iterations of the product
• Develop and iterate rapid models of proposed design solutions in XR for the purposes of communication and evaluation
• Help establish preliminary processes to align cross-functional teams
• Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the Design, Product and Executive teams
• Design flows and visuals, and individually contribute to the product and feature set
• Give and solicit real time feedback from other designers to continually raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product
• Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, content strategists and QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch, as well as post-launch design support
• Articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders
• Think beyond incremental features and help build product strategy
• 4+ years of experience in shipping software products
• Experience with real-time 3D development such as Unity/C#
• Proven problem solving skills, ability to overcome challenges
• Proficient command of C#
• Have worked on projects in VR, AR, and MR.
• Deployment: project work demonstrating ability to deploy to desktop VR, mobile AR, and HMD MR hardware
• A portfolio of work built in Unity or other real-time 3D engine, of which you can talk through the design and implementation process
• Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
• Knowledge of emerging technologies
• Game development experience
• XR UI development experience
• Unreal Engine experience
• Experience in 3D tools such as Maya, 3DS Max or Cinema 4D
• Willingness to contribute to the XR community through events and writing.
• Experience writing about XR excitements
• Experience working with C++
KairosXW is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.